Scheduling and Reservations
Seat approximately 16 people around a table
Seat 25 to 40 people with fixed arm seating
Seat 50 to 150 people with tablet arm seating
The Dhirubhai Ambani Auditorium (JMHH G06)
Seats 299 attendees
The Patty and Jay Baker Forum
The forum is located in the lower level of Huntsman Hall. This venue is ideal for career fairs, conference registration and standing receptions. This space can be reserved only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and has a maximum capacity of 300 for a standing reception.
The Huntsman Hall 2nd Floor Lounge
The Huntsman Hall 2nd floor lounge is, as stated in its title, located on the 2nd floor of Huntsman Hall. The lounge is a multipurpose space with existing lounge furniture that can be closed off to host a more private event. It offers access to the Koo Family Plaza which is an outdoor green space with patio style furniture. This space can be reserved after 4:30pm Monday through Thursday during the Fall and Spring semesters or during hours of operation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It has a capacity of 150 for a standing reception. Seated events will need to be reviewed with Wharton Operations’ staff.
Koo Family Plaza
This outdoor green space is located on the 2nd floor of Huntsman Hall. The plaza offers an outdoor alternative for your standing reception. This space cannot be reserved while classes are in session but is available for reservation Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Located on the ground floor of Vance Hall, Hoover Lounge is a multipurpose space with existing lounge furniture that can be used for career fairs, receptions and dining. The space offers a fireplaces that is available for use in season as well as a small patio for the spring and summer months. The capacity of the lounge is 150 persons as is and varies depending on the setup for seated luncheons or dinners. This space can be reserved after 4:30pm Monday through Thursday during the Fall and Spring semesters or during hours of operation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Colloquium Level
The 8th floor of Huntsman Hall, also known as the Colloquium Level, is comprised of three unique spaces that offer panoramic views of the city of Philadelphia. It is an ideal location for academic conferences and more private receptions.
Food and Beverage
The Wharton Complex consists of the following buildings on the University of Pennsylvania’s campus: Academic Research Building, Colonial Penn Center, Jon M. Huntsman Hall, Lauder Institute, Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall and Vance Hall. Only the caterers who are listed below are approved to provide food service in Wharton buildings as they have been informed of the standards and polices required by the school. Note that University approved caterers are not Wharton approved, unless they are included on this list. As the client you are responsible for contacting caterers directly and handling all catering arrangements but must keep the complex rules and regulations in mind when arranging food and beverage.
Alcohol cannot be served in any classroom or conference room within the Wharton Complex. An Alcohol Agreement Form must be signed with Wharton Operations, prior to every event that includes alcohol. Additional charges for security will be incurred for all events serving alcohol.
- The use of sterno gel fuel is prohibited within Wharton complex classrooms and conference rooms.
- A caterer is required to be onsite for the duration of any events using sterno gel fuel in event/reception spaces. If you will not have catering staff present, your menu must be restricted to room temperature items and/or use of electric warming devices.
- Only electric warming equipment is permitted in classrooms and conference rooms.
- All food must come ready for delivery/setup.
- The 8th floor of Jon M. Huntsman Hall has a warming pantry, which can be used for events held on the floor. Events held in other locations are not permitted to use the 8th floor kitchen.
- Food preparation by caterers can only take place in approved locations, caterers are not permitted to setup a prep area without the approval of Wharton Operations. Any space that has been designated as a “prep area” must have all floors and table surfaces covered in plastic prior to use. Plastic floor covering or bar mats must also be put down behind bar areas. All protective materials are to be provided by the caterer.
The following caterers are approved for full-service catering as well as drop-off catering within the building requiring setup.
|12th Street Catering
|Aneu Catering & Events
|Catering By John Lowe
|Constellation Culinary Group
|Feast Your Eyes Catering
|J. Scott Catering
|Perfect Setting Catering
|Philadelphia Catering Co.
Preferred Drop-Off Caterers
These caterers are approved to drop off within Wharton buildings and setup as necessary. No sterno may be used with the below caterers.
|Lil Pop Shop/Popalong
|Root & Sprig
|Weckerly’s Ice Cream
Additional Food Options/Takeout/Delivery
Any additional caterers or restaurants not listed may provide food service as a takeout/delivery option only. Event hosts are responsible to meet deliveries at the main entrance of the building and setup the food on your own.