Wharton Operations Green Campus Mission: To advocate for the University of Pennsylvania’s campus-wide greening efforts by identifying and implementing substantive reductions in the environmental impact of the Wharton community that demonstrate leadership and sustainability on behalf of our students, faculty and staff.
What We Do
The Green Campus Sustainability Program, run by Wharton Operations, works to identify and implement actions that reduce Wharton’s environmental footprint and promote sustainable behavior among our stakeholders. These activities include:
- Working with consultants and Penn’s Facilities and Real Estate Services group to identify HVAC, lighting and commissioning-related projects that reduce our complex-wide energy use and increase our use of clean, renewable energy
- Seeking opportunities to engage with Wharton stakeholders including students, staff, faculty, contractors, partners, sponsors and alumni to change behavior in and outside of our facilities
- Evaluate waste and recycling initiatives to reduce waste and increase our diversion rates
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance our green cleaning, green IT and water reduction programs
- Any other opportunities to advance sustainability at Wharton