For Wharton Students
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SPACE AT WHARTON
- In line with recent guidance regarding on-campus, non-academic meetings and events, all previously confirmed reservations and requests are under review.
- New requests are currently not being accepted for the fall semester.
- We recommend groups plan to reach out to other Penn campus venues early for possible accommodations.
- COVID-19 Resources: https://operations.wharton.upenn.edu/wharton-operations-covid-19-resources/
Who Can Submit a Request?
All room requests must be submitted by a member of a recognized student club. The person submitting the room request is the designated event point of contact who will be in communication with Wharton Operations. This event contact must be present during the event.
Individual students who are not representing a recognized student club are not permitted to reserve space on the Wharton campus. If you need to reserve space for academic study or a class project please reserve a Group Study Room or contact the responsible academic department for your course.
Fall Semester Requests
Approved student clubs can submit room requests for regular club meetings as early as April 15th for the upcoming fall semester. Requests submitted prior to this date will not be accepted. Space for student clubs is restricted from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday due to classroom usage for courses. Please refer to the special events section of this page regarding requests for conferences and special events.
Spring Semester Requests
Approved student clubs can submit room requests for regular club meetings as early as November 15th for the upcoming spring semester. Requests submitted prior to this date will not be accepted. Space for student clubs is restricted from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday due to classroom usage for courses. Please refer to the special events section of this page regarding requests for conferences and special events.
On Mondays through Thursdays, club meeting requests can only be accepted for 80-minute time frames that align with the academic scheduling time blocks: 9:00am-10:20am, 10:30am-11:50am, 12:00pm-1:20pm, 1:30pm-2:50pm, 3:00pm-4:20pm. Fridays through Sundays reservations are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per meeting per day.
Updates & Cancellations
Three options to update or cancel your reservation include:
- Please reply to the original reservation confirmation email that you received from Wharton Operations.
- On the room request website, click “View My Requests” and select your reservation by clicking on the email icon, which will auto fill an email to Wharton Operations.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your inquiry. Please be sure to include your specific request ID number. For special event reservations, please e-mail email@example.com with the details of your inquiry.
A minimum of 48 business-hours notice is required for cancellation of space by e-mail. For last-minute cancellations or updates, please call Wharton Operations at 215-898-2575.
The Wharton Campus has several event spaces within our buildings for academic conferences, receptions, and special events. It is recommended that reservations for special events be placed as far in advance as possible. Please review the special events reservation process prior to placing your request, additional information regarding Wharton campus policies can be found here.