For Wharton Students
All reservations for recognized Wharton student clubs should be made via the SPIKE website. This includes reservations for conferences, special events, club meetings and Group Study Rooms.
Fall Semester Requests:
Approved student clubs can submit room requests for regular club meetings as early as April 15th for the upcoming fall semester. Requests submitted prior to this date will not be accepted. Space for student clubs is restricted from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday due to classroom usage for courses. Please refer to the special events section of this page regarding requests for conferences and special events.
Spring Semester Requests:
Approved student clubs can submit room requests for regular club meetings as early as November 15th for the upcoming spring semester. Requests submitted prior to this date will not be accepted. Space for student clubs is restricted from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday due to classroom usage for courses. Please refer to the special events section of this page regarding requests for conferences and special events.
Wharton student clubs must request space by submitting a room request via SPIKE a minimum of 3-business days (72-business hours) in advance of the request date. On Mondays through Thursdays, club meeting requests can only be accepted for 80-minute time frames that align with the academic scheduling time blocks: 9:00am-10:20am, 10:30am-11:50am, 12:00pm-1:20pm, 1:30pm-2:50pm, 3:00pm-4:20pm. Fridays through Sundays reservations are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per meeting per day. The person submitting the room request will be held accountable for the event, must be present during the event and will be the point of contact for the event. All room requests must be submitted by a member of a recognized student club. Individual students, who are not representing a recognized student club are not permitted to reserve space on the Wharton campus. If you need to reserve space for academic study or class project please reserve a Group Study Room or contact the responsible academic department for your course.
Group Study Rooms
Wharton students can reserve Group Study Rooms via the SPIKE website for both Huntsman Hall and 2401 Walnut Street (MBA Students only). Group Study Rooms are designed for group and team work, not for individual study. Students may reserve one room for up to 90 minutes at any one time up to seven days in advance. The next available room will be selected. An email confirmation of the reservation will be sent to the student who made the request including day/date/time and room assignment. Please review the complete Group Study Room policies here.
- End times must be adhered to.
- Students cannot “pass off” an open room to another student.
- Students are responsible for their personal belongings.
- Windows and doors are not to be covered with paper or other materials.
- Students are responsible for the condition of the room and equipment during the time of use. Usage is monitored. The respective Student Affairs Office will respond to misuse or abuse.
Updates & Cancellations:
- The best practice to communicate changes, updates and/or to cancel your reservation is to reply to the confirmation email that Wharton Operations sent you confirming the space for your meeting or event. If you cannot find your confirmation email you can view a list of your requests via the room request website under “View My Requests”. From that list you can select the reservation you would like to change, update or cancel by clicking on the email icon, which will auto fill an email to Wharton Operations that contains the specific reservation number for your event. You can also send and email to email@example.com with the details of your inquiry, day/time change or notice of cancellation.
- Please note that a minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancellation of space. If you need to cancel your reservation less than 24 hours before your event you will need to call the Wharton Operations Customer Support Center at 215-898-2575.
- For inquires regarding special events, receptions and conferences please forward the confirmation email that Wharton Operations sent you to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your inquiry.
The Wharton Campus has several event spaces within our buildings for student conferences, receptions, and other events. Requests for student club sponsored conferences, high profile guest speakers and large attendee events require a minimum of 15-business days advanced notification. This ensures that there is adequate time to plan and assign the necessary resources (housekeeping, security, technology, etc.) to support your event. All student conference agendas must be reviewed and approved by the respective division prior to submitting a request for space. Requests for JMHH G06 (large auditorium) and the JMHH 8th floor require division sponsorship. Please review the special events reservation process prior to placing your request, additional information regarding Wharton campus policies can be found here.